【Product Feature】* Peak efficiency: 95%
* Discharge switch function
* Typical quiescent current: 18uA
* 3Mhz Fixed frequency operation
* 2.3V~5.5V input voltage
* 600mA full load current
* Uses tiny multilayer inductors and capacitors
* Current mode architecture for fast load and line transient response
* 100% duty-cycle low dropout mode
* Internal synchronous rectifier
* Internal compensation
* Internal soft start
* Shutdown supply current: 0.2uA
* 5-ball WLCSP package
* Typical quiescent current: 18 μA
* Input voltage: 2.3V - 5.5V
* operation temperature:
* packaging: 5 Ball WLCSP
* quiescent current: 18uA
* Operation frequency: 3Mhz
* function: step-down dc-to-dc converter
* shutdown: yes
* Maximum load current: 600mA
【Application】* PDAs and palmtop computers
* Wireless handsets
* Digital audio, portable media players
* Digital cameras, GPS navigation units
【Overview】The ADP2109 is a high efficiency, low quiescent current step-down dc-to-dc converter with an internal discharge switch that allows automatic discharge of the output capacitor in an ultra-small 5-ball WLCSP package.
The total solution requires only three tiny external components. It uses a proprietary high speed current mode and constant frequency pulse-width modulation (PWM) control scheme for excellent stability, and transient response. To ensure the longest batter.
The ADP2109 runs on input voltages of 2.3 V to 5.5 V, which allow for single lithium or lithium polymer cell, multiple alkaline or NiMH cells, PCMCIA, USB, and other standard power sources. The maximum load current of 600 mA is achievable across the input
The ADP2109 is available in fixed output voltages of 1.8 V, 1.5 V, 1.2 V, and 1.0 V. All versions include an internal power switch and synchronous rectifier for minimal external part count and high efficiency. The ADP2109 has an internal soft start and in
Other key features include undervoltage lockout to prevent deep battery discharge and soft start to prevent input current overshoot at startup. The ADP2109 is available in a 5-ball WLCSP.
A similar converter, the ADP2108, provides the same features and operations as the ADP2109 without the discharge switch and is available in both WLCSP and TSOT packages with additional output voltages.