AD9355: WiMAX RF MxFE™ MISO Transceiver
【Product Feature】* RF Transceiver with Integrated ADCs and DACs
* IEEE 802.16 WiMAX
* Operates over the 3.3 to 3.8 GHz Band
* Dual Receivers for improved link Margin, Single Transmit
* 3.5MHz < BW < 10MHz
* Superior Receiver sensitivity with NF 3.0 dB
* Highly linear and spectrally pure transmitter
* Transmitter EVM –38 dB @ 0 dBm POUT
* SNR > 134dB/Hz at Foffset > 22MHz
* Center Frequency 3.3~ 3.8GHz
* P-1dB -10 dBm
* RX Quadrature Gain Error 0.2 dB
* Gain Control Range 3 ~75 dB
* Bandwidth 3.5MHz < BW < 20MHz
* Gain Tolerance ±7.5 dB
* TX EVM -35 dB
* Package 64-LFCSP
【Application】WiMAX RF Transceiver
【Overview】The AD9352 is a fully integrated transceiver for IEEE 802.16 WiMAX and WiBro wireless network systems. The RF MxFE™ combines the RF front-end with mixed-signal baseband enabling an easy-to-use digital interface to the baseband ASIC or FPGA. The AD9352 operates in the 2.3 GHz to 2.7 GHz range covering most of the licensed and unlicensed bands. Channel bandwidths of 3.5 MHz, 4.375 MHz, 5 MHz, 7 MHz, 8.75 MHz, 10 MHz, 14 MHz, 17.5 MHz, and 20 MHz are supported.
The direct-conversion receiver has state-of-the-art noise figure and linearity and requires no external components with the exception of a balun. The complete RF subsystem integrates an autonomous AGC loop and dc offset corrections, thus elimi-nating the need for high speed interaction with the baseband processor. The received signal strength indicator (RSSI) has over 80 dB of dynamic range with 0.5 dB resolution and is accessible via the serial interface.
The received signal is digitized with a high dynamic range 12-bit ADC. Decimation and channel filters produce a 10-bit output signal at the appropriate sample rate determined by the bandwidth mode. The transmit path takes a 10-bit input data and interpolates before converting to the analog domain and upconverting to the carrier frequency.