ADL5500: 100 MHz to 6 GHz TruPwr™ Detector
【Product Feature】* ±0.25 dB linear response up to 6 GHz
* Excellent temperature stability
* Up to 30 dB input range at 3.9 GHz
* 1250 mV rms, +15 dBm, maximum input
* Calibrated rms response
* Single supply operation: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
* Low power: 3 mW at 3 V supply
* ±0.1 dB accuracy over the top 8 dB range
* Voltage Supply (V) 2.7 to 5.5
* Supply Current (max) 1.1mA
* RF Freq (MHz) 6000MHz
* Dynamic Range (dB) 30dB
* Accuracy (dB) ±0.25dB
* Output Response Linear in Voltage
* Response Time (ns) 10000ns
【Application】* Measurement of CDMA2000, W-CDMA, and QPSK-/QAM-based OFDM, and other complex modulation waveforms
* RF transmitter or receiver power measurement
【Overview】The ADL5500 is a mean-responding power detector for use in high frequency receiver and transmitter signal chains from 100 MHz to 6 GHz. It is easy to apply, requiring only a single supply between 2.7 V and 5.5 V and a power supply decoupling capacitor. The input is internally ac-coupled and has a nominal input impedance of 50 Ω. The output is a linear-responding dc voltage with a conversion gain of 6.4 V/V rms at 900 MHz. The on-chip, 1 kΩ series resistance at the output combined with an external shunt capacitor creates a low-pass filter response that reduces the residual ripple in the dc output voltage.
The ADL5500 is intended for true power measurement of simple and complex waveforms. The device is particularly useful for measuring high crest factor (high peak-to-rms ratio) signals, such as CDMA2000, W-CDMA, and QPSK/QAM-based OFDM waveforms.
The ADL5500 offers excellent temperature stability with near 0 dB measurement error across temperature. The high accuracy range, centered around +3 dBm at 900 MHz, offers ±0.1 dB error from -40°C to +85°C and is available in a 4-ball, 1.0 mm × 1.0 mm wafer-level chip scale package. It is fabricated on a proprietary high fT silicon bipolar process.