TPS65982, USB Type-C & USB PD Controller, Power Switch, and High Speed Multiplexer
【產品特性】1. USB Power Delivery (PD) Controller Mode Configuration for Provider (Host), Consumer (Device), or Consumer-Provider
2. Bi-Phase Marked Encoding/Decoding (BMC)
3. Physical Layer (PHY) Protocol
4. Policy Manager
5. Configurable at Boot and Host-Controlled
6. USB Type-C Specification 1.1 ComplianceAttach of USB Cable at Port
7. Cable Orientation and Role Detection
8. Assign CC and VCONN Pins
9. Advertise 1.5 A or 3 A for Type-C Power
10. Port Power Switch5-V, 3-A Switch to VBUS for Type-C Power
11. 5- to 20-V, 3-A Bidirectional Switch to or from VBUS for USB PD Power
12. 5-V, 600-mA Switches for VCONN
13. Over-Current Limiter, Overvoltage Protector
14. Slew Rate Control
15. Hard Reset Support
16. Port Data MultiplexerUSB 2.0 HS Data, UART Data, and Low Speed Endpoint
17. Auxiliary and Alternate Modes (DisplayPort and Vendor-Defined Modes)
18. Power ManagementGate Control and Current Sense for External 5- to 20-V, 5-A NMOS FET Bidirectional Switch
19. Power Supply from 3.3-V, 5-V, or VBUS Source
20. 3.3-V LDO Output for Dead Battery Support
21. BGA MicroStar Junior Package
22. 0.5-mm Pitch
23. Through-Hole Via Compatible for All Pins
【產品應用】 Notebook Computers
Tablets and Ultrabooks
DisplayPort and HDMI Dongles & Cables
USB PD Hosts, Devices, and Dual-Role Ports
USB PD-Enabled Bus-Powered Devices
【文字介紹】The TPS65982 is a stand-alone USB Type-C & PD controller providing cable plug and orientation detection at the USB Type-C connector. Upon cable detection, the TPS65982 communicates on the CC wire using the USB Power Delivery (PD) protocol. When cable detection and USB PD negotiation are complete, the TPS65982 enables the appropriate power path and configures alternate mode settings for internal and (optional) external multiplexers.
The mixed-signal front end on the CC pins advertises 1.5 A or 3 A for Type-C power providers, detects a plug event and determines the USB Type-C cable orientation, and autonomously negotiates USB PD contracts by adhering to the specified bi-phase marked coding (BMC) and physical layer (PHY) protocol.
The port power switch can pass up to 3 A downstream at 5 V for legacy and Type-C USB power. An additional bidirectional switch path can provide USB PD power up to 3 A at a maximum of 20 V as either a provider (host), consumer (device), or provider-consumer.
The TPS65982 can also be a Downstream-Facing Port (DFP), Upstream-Facing Port (UFP), or Dual-Role Port (DRP) for data. The port data multiplexer can pass data to or from the top or bottom D+/D- signal pair at the port for USB 2.0 HS or UART and has a USB 2.0 Low Speed Endpoint. Additionally, the Sideband Use (SBU) signal pair is used for auxiliary or alternate modes of communication (DisplayPort or vendor-defined modes, for example).
The power management circuitry can utilize a 3.3-V or 5-V power supply inside the system, and also use VBUS to start up and negotiate power for a dead battery or no battery condition.