FAN54053 High Efficiency, 1.55 A, Li-Ion Switching Charger with Power Path, USB-OTG, in a Small Solution Footprint
【產品特性】• Fully Integrated, High-Efficiency Switch-Mode Charger for Single-Cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Batteries
• Power Path Circuit Ensures Fast System Startup with a Dead Battery when VBUS is Connected
• 1.55 A Maximum Charge Current
• Programmable High Accuracy Float Voltage:
o ±0.5% at 25°C
o ±1% from 0 to 125°C
• ±5% Input and Charge Current Regulation Accuracy
• Temperature-Sense Input for JEITA Compliance
• Thermal Regulation and Shutdown
• 4.2 V at 2.3 A Production Test Support
• 5 V, 500 mA Boost Mode for USB OTG
• 28 V Absolute Maximum Input Voltage
• 6 V Maximum Input Operating Voltage
• Programmable through High-Speed I2C Interface (3.4 Mb/s) with Fast Mode Plus Compatibility
o Input Current
o Fast-Charge / Termination Current
o Float Voltage
o Termination Enable
• 3 MHz Synchronous Buck PWM Controller with Wide Duty Cycle Range
• Small Footprint 1 µH External Inductor
• Safety Timer with Reset Control
• Dynamic Input Voltage Control
• Very Low Battery Current when Charger Inactive
【產品應用】• Mobile Device and Smart Phone
• Tablet, PMP
• Gaming Device
• Digital Camera
【文字介紹】The FAN54053 is a 1.55 A USB-compliant switch-mode charger featuring power path operation, USB OTG boost support, JEITA temperature control, and production test mode support, in a small 25 bump, 0.4 mm pitch WLCSP package.
To facilitate fast system startup, the IC includes a power path circuit, which disconnects the battery from the system rail, ensuring that the system can power up quickly following a VBUS connection. The power path circuit ensures that the system rail stays up when the charger is plugged in, even if the battery is dead or shorted.
The charging parameters; float voltage, input voltage regulation, input current, charging current, and other operating modes are programmable through an I2C Interface that operates up to 3.4 Mbps. The charger and boost regulator circuits switch at 3 MHz to minimize the size of external passive components.
The FAN54053 provides battery charging in three phases: conditioning, constant current and constant voltage. The IC automatically restarts the charge cycle when the battery falls below a voltage threshold. If the input source is removed, the IC enters a high-impedance mode blocking battery current from leaking to the input. Charge status is reported back to the host through the I2C port.
Dynamic input voltage control prevents a weak adapter’s voltage from collapsing, ensuring charging capability from such adapters.
The FAN54053 is available in a space saving 2.4 mm x 2.0 mm WLCSP package.