AD9516-0: 14-Output Clock Generator with Integrated 2.8 GHz VCO
【Product Feature】* Low phase noise, phase-locked loop
* On-chip VCO tunes from 2.55 GHz to 2.95 GHz
* External VCO/VCXO to 2.4 GHz optional
* One differential or two single-ended reference inputs
* Reference monitoring capability
* Auto and manual reference switchover/holdover modes
* Autorecover from holdover
* Accepts references to 250 MHz
* Programmable delays in path to PFD
* Primary Clock Function Clean Up, Distribution, Generation
* +Supply Voltage (V) 3.3V
* Max Input Frequency 2.4GHz
* # of Outputs 14
* Max Output Frequency 2.95GHz
* Random Jitter (ps rms) 0.5 Total
* I/O Interface Serial
* Package 64-LFCSP
* Output Logic CMOS, LVDS, LVPECL
【Application】* Low jitter, low phase noise clock distribution
* Clocking high speed ADCs, DACs, DDSs, DDCs, DUCs, MxFEs
* High performance wireless transceivers
* High performance instrumentation
* Broadband infrastructure
【Overview】The AD9516-0* provides a multi-output clock distribution function with subpicosecond jitter performance, along with an on-chip PLL and VCO. The on-chip VCO tunes from 2.55 GHz to 2.95 GHz. Optionally, an external VCO/VCXO of up to 2.4 GHz may be used.
The AD9516-0 emphasizes low jitter and phase noise to maximize data converter performance, and can benefit other applications with demanding phase noise and jitter requirements.
The AD9516-0 features six LVPECL outputs (in three pairs); four LVDS outputs (in two pairs); and eight CMOS outputs (two per LVDS output). The LVPECL outputs operate to 1.6 GHz, the LVDS outputs operate to 800 MHz, and the CMOS outputs operate to 250 MHz.
Each pair of outputs has dividers that allow both the divide ratio and coarse delay (or phase) to be set. The range of division for the LVPECL outputs is 1 to 32. The LVDS/CMOS outputs allow a range of divisions up to a maximum of 1024.
The AD9516-0 is available in a 64-lead LFCSP and can be operated from a single 3.3 V supply. An external VCO, which requires an extended voltage range, can be accommodated by connecting the charge pump supply (VCP) to 5.5 V. A separate LVPECL power supply can be from 2.375 V to 3.6 V.
The AD9516-0 is specified for operation over the industrial range of −40°C to +85°C.