ADI ADIS16405: High Precision Tri-Axis Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer
What is it?
The ADIS16405 iSensor® is a complete inertial system that includes a tri-axis gyroscope, tri-axis accelerometer and tri-axis magnetometer. The ADIS16405 combines industry-leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyro bias). As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation for correction formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements over a temperature range of –40°C to +85°C. The ADIS16405 provides a simple, cost-effective method for integrating accurate, multi-axis, inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. An improved SPI interface and register structure provide faster data collection and configuration control. By using a compatible pin out and the same package as the ADIS1635x and ADIS1636x families, upgrading to the ADIS16405 requires only firmware changes to accommodate additional sensors and register map updates.This compact module is approximately 23 mm × 23 mm × 23 mm and provides a flexible connector interface, which enables multiple mounting orientation options.
How is it used?
* Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
* Platform control
* Digital Compassing
What are the key features and customer benefits?
* Tri-axis, digital gyroscope with digital range scaling
±75°/sec, ±150°/sec, ±300°/sec settings
* Tri-axis, ±18 g digital accelerometer
* Tri-axis, ±2.5 Gauss digital magnetometer
* 180 ms start-up time
* Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
Calibration temperature range: –40°C to +85°C
* Digitally controlled bias calibration
* Digitally controlled sample rate, up to 819.2 SPS
External clock input enables sample rates up to 1200 SPS
* Digitally controlled filtering
* Programmable condition monitoring
* Auxiliary digital input/output
* Digitally activated self-test
* Programmable power management
* Embedded temperature sensor
* SPI-compatible serial interface
* Auxiliary, 12-bit ADC input and DAC output
* Single-supply operation: 4.75 V to 5.25 V
* 2000 g shock survivability
* Operating temperature range: –40°C to +105°C
I & I - Instrumentation; I & I - Medical; Mil / Aero; I & I - Industrial; Other
Who are the potential customers?
Broad I&I Base of customers implementing Motion Sensing for both Navigation and Motion Analysis/Control; particularly customers with limited MEMs experience, or test capability.